- We are a fully Australian owned and managed company based in Cairns, Queensland
- We follow and comply with all Privacy regulations, laws, and codes of practice. This includes, but not limited to; the Genetic Privacy and Non-discrimination Bill 1998 (2002), the Privacy Act 1988 (amended 2002), QLD Information Privacy Act 2009 (and NPP’s), QLD Hospital, and Health Boards Act 2011, and QLD Public Health Act 2005.
- We do not take ownership of your DNA data, this 100% belongs to you and you can request that we securely delete all files relating to it at any time.
- We do not use your given names when sending/receiving data from the laboratory. Only a reference code is used.
- DNA reference samples are destroyed after sequencing.
- Your genetic data is securely stored on an offline encrypted server at our offices.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
Other Personal Information: Brain Labs Australia may ask you to provide data about yourself (your “Self-Reported Information”), including demographic data such as personal and family medical history, age, sex, physical features such as eye colour, behavioural information such as exercise habits, or self-declared ethnicity. It is totally up to you whether you choose to share this information with us. If shared, this information helps us to further fine-tune our reports and future offerings. It is not available outside of our proprietary Brain Labs encrypted server.
Genetic Information. You may provide us a Genetic Information file, by uploading it to our software. In connection with our Services, Brain Labs Australia processes, and stores this Genetic Information, including your Brain Labs Australia Insights.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information
(Including credit card numbers, bank details, etc), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you; screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
We DO NOT, and never will, share your genetic information with any third party. Should a request for this information be submitted to us we will immediately inform you (the client) and unless otherwise instructed; or forced to release the information by warrant of a court order, we will delete your genetic file from our system after a period of 48hrs. This protects you, the client, and us.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or another lawful request for information we receive, or otherwise protect our rights.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Brain Labs Biotech
U8, 175 Bunda Street