Cardiovascular disease has a big impact on Australians. Coronary heart disease is the leading cause of death in Australia – causing 12% of all deaths (43% of cardiovascular disease deaths).
Everyone knows that it’s important to have a healthy diet to maintain a healthy heart and cardiovascular system, but it is just as important to have a good understanding of how the genes we carry around inside each of our cells might be influencing our heart health. By using knowledge about your genetics and genetic predispositions to empower your health decisions, you can make the best choices to nurture your own healthy heart.
Understanding your genetic predispositions helps make your diet, environment, and health decisions work for you. Your personalised Cardiovascular Wellness Report will unlock the door to the most important knowledge you need to know about your heart health.
In your personalised Cardiovascular DNA Report;
- You will learn if you have SNPs that might increase your risk for different heart conditions. For example, there are variants (different alleles) of the ApoE gene (such as ApoE4) which, if found in your DNA, can lead to an increased risk of heart disease.
- You will receive an easy-to-understand gene report that details a comprehensive list of genes related to each cardiovascular health condition.
- You will get a personalised risk assessment score based on your genes, and you will be able to visualise your SNPs in a gene table so you know exactly which SNPs are influencing your genetic predispositions.
- You will get targeted health advice for different heart conditions, including personalised dietary and lifestyle recommendations based directly on your own particular genetic makeup and predispositions.
- You will be empowered to understand the unique environmental and genetic factors that influence your health, enabling you to make conscientious decisions about your heart health.
Find out your genetic risks & predispositions for issues like;
- Heart complications
- Vascular complications
- General heart health